Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cleaning Out My Heart Before God!

I wish that I did it more often, but I don't.  Getting things taken care of in my heart. 

I get very stubborn when it comes to confessing my sins... especially the sins of hating and bitterness.

I have been battling nightmares and things lately... the kind that literally take your breath away.

My husband says I call out to Jesus in my sleep... OF COURSE I DID!  I REMEMBER DOING IT!!!

And it was very hard to make my mouth say it!

I've watched things about ghost hunters and stuff lately that I believe opened me up to possible demonic activity in my household.  I don't know why I couldn't just watch things like that out of curiosity, but I found out that it can get things stirred up inside your home just by watching it, and I have decided not to watch it anymore!  Amen!

My husband believed that I have been battling bitterness, and I kept telling him he was full of whooey, because I wasn't mad at NO BODY!

But, in order to regain peace, and make sure my relationship with the Lord, I confessed the sins I know about, and I made a list of people that I either had something against, or might have had things against them.  

To my amazement, I actually got pretty emotional about some of the people on that list, and that told me that there indeed was bitterness.

After I prayed, and meant it, I trusted God with the things I could not control, and tore up the list and it is floating around the Ardmore sewer somewhere if you would like to read it!

Some people would be nosey, I'm sure!

Truth is, if you are taking care of your own heart, you won't always be up in everyone else's business, but, back on the trail again... :-)

Friend, bitterness and hate CAN be present in a Christian's heart.  It CAN take over you!  It can!

The hardest part is admitting to yourself, God, and maybe someone you trust, that you have that problem, that sin, or some other sin.

It is just best to get that thing taken care of.  What could it hurt to sit down and make a list of people you possibly have a grudge against?

If it means being at peace inside yourself, and keeping the Heavenly Lord and Father God happy with me, I would do it all the time.

I am so glad I let go of my stubbornness and pride tonight and dealt with it.

Amen.  Thank You, Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. That was absolutely amazing. Thank you for such honesty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi