Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Purpose of Attraction And The Uselessness of Distraction

I've been speaking to God a lot lately, and He has spoken back to me!  I don't have to really ask "Where do I begin?" because that is exactly what this blog is about.

For a long time, I have seen life as a series of problems innumerable, and a highway of unsolvable mystery... just trying to pick out what is the most important to "get er done" along the way- with what little life and hours I hold dear... before I croak.

Somewhere along the line, between begging God for more time, more hours... and begging God to just go ahead and end it, because I can't take the stress... :-)

Somewhere, I have not found any happy medium!!! I have only found a better way!

The Bible says that I can only serve ONE MASTER.  This shows me that I have only one place setting wherewith to set a master on the table of my life. (Matt. 6:24, Luke 16:13)

I am not on earth to serve husband, children, pastor, friends, pets, cleaning the house, gardening, painting, etc...  ALTHOUGH there is a place for everything, and everything in its place.

I was put here to serve God. He does have a list of things for me to do.  He does have a list of people to love.  BUT HE IS NUMBER ONE.  (I Corinthians 14:40)

I can't complete that task, and leave all those others undone- however, I MUST NOT FORGET RULE NUMBER ONE!  BEING NUMERO UNO! I cannot say that getting lost in my list of people and things to do is - - - my service to God.  It simply is not.  And it is confusion.

But, first, let's define "serving God".  To me, it's a constant notice of my feelings, thoughts, actions, etc... in direct devotion to God.  When I am in tune with God, He helps me and speaks to me.  WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE?

1.  I must start with the RIGHT MINDSET. I cannot start this journey with confusion.  I cannot start this journey by worrying about the first thing that come through my door.  It will lead to a path I cannot complete in 24 hours. I must set aside time for people.  I must take care of people.  I must not get so lost in people that I forget God.

2.  I must start with the right environment.  I cannot focus on God and His will if my house is a disaster.  It is confusion.  If I get lost in (daily) war with scum, it will not happen.  I must set aside a small time to remove this obstacle once and for all. This environment does not stop with my home, it is also a frame of mind and a preparation of spirit... but to do things in order, my eye-reflex must be aided by a less negatively forceful environment.

3.  As a body, spirit, and soul, I only have to take care of two of those things.  My soul is forever secure.  I need not worry over that.  What we find left is a body and spirit, and the spirit should take precedence over the body- however the body cannot be left altogether undone. (Matt. 23:23, Luke 11:42)

A Time To Cast Away Stones (Ecc. 3:5)

You will need stones in your life!  If  you are not entirely leaning on THE ROCK, then you will always need much lesser stones to have security in life.

There may be a time when Jesus needed Peter to be a temporary security for His church.  "Peter, I need you to be their rock (little one) for a while during this hard time.  I am not saying this is doctrine, but it is always possible to look at things a different way. (Matt. 16:18) although IT MAY NOT BE WHAT WAS MEANT, Peter certainly was a rock for a hard time, anyway.  Read Psalm 18:2-6.


A "stone" is anything that you draw a feeling of security from. We draw security (or false feelings thereof) from good health, friends, and a place to live.  I have friends that admittedly draw security from knowing that their husband likes their cooking, their body, and anything else they can render up for him. I have friends and family and acquaintances who lean on the stone of drugs.  I have friends who lean on the stone of being the most-loved of  the family or of their friends.  I have a battle with leaning on the stone of food and worry. We all have way too many STONES and not enough ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting to a place of leaning on THE ROCK (Jesus Christ) is always preferable, but it is very tricky in a world full of snares and tricks the devil plays.

HOWEVER, getting rid of as many lesser stones (especially blood-sucking ones) is preferable to finding yourself in a rock quarry, and Jesus crying in the corner, unnoticed.

God is all powerful, but He still has feelings, too!

Look around yourself today.  Are you scrambling to please people instead of God?  Are you scrambling to please your spouse, and giving God the left-overs?  Are you scrambling to please your children?  How about your job?

Are you truly doing all you could be doing for God,, (not that quantity is more than quality), and all you could be doing for the most-important things? Are you caught up thinking that you are already... in the land of pride? Are you glad to yourself and God that you are much better at doing these things than your neighbor is?

Music

Music is important to the spirit.  It is far more important than food is to the body when you think about it.  Is there music playing in your home?  Is it "feel-good", or is it edifying music?

Snares

Snares can be anything.  Snares that trip us up in this journey can be a needy person that haggles for our every moment.  In my case, it is probably my children.  It could be someone as innocent as a baby.  Even a baby gives a FEW MOMENTS every day.  I do not say that our importance and service to God exclude taking care of our family.  Let us not use it as an excuse, however.

We can still focus better on God, and growing spiritually, even inside a house full of needy people.  And if they don't like you throwing things away and tuning better into God, then tough.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi