Friday, April 20, 2012

You're Gonna Get It!

Have you ever watched children, either in real life, or in a movie - and one tells the other "You're gonna get it!"
Sometimes they're referring to a personal threat that they'll inflict if the other one doesn't stop whatever they're doing... and sometimes, they're referring to "telling on them".

The Bible says in Coll.3:25 - "But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons."

We, indeed, will pay in this life for our sins; not "in spite of being eternally saved", but even more so because we are chastised as His children.

Example, when I was about 18, I worked for a chicken plant in Arkansas.  We were not supposed to use any chicken that fell on the ground.  However, the 'higher-ups' were paid per pound by the QC for checking it for bones. Therefore, some of the QC, (and workers, in order to please them), did questionable things to earn the most PPP, (pay per pound). This was done, even though the workers didn't get any special monies themselves for getting more out. :-)

So, we were always told to do the right thing, but it wasn't always heeded.  They'd say their peace about it, but really didn't do a lot of checking.

<"wink wink">

One of the QCs did infact tell us that if the chicken falls on the nasty floor, simply rinse it off, and go with it.

One day, whilst I was checking for knuckles (actually kneecaps) and gristle, a huge breast fell on the floor.  I picked it up, looked at it.  There was no one around.  I didn't want to get accused of wasting or stealing it, so I wanted to save it.

Worried about the germs, I dipped it into the bleach water first, and then ran it under water for a long time.  I lay it back on the conveyor.  (Funny thing is, no one else was anywhere around.  They were earning the same check I was, right?? Where were they?) ANYWAY!  Back to the story...

As I watched the huge breast going down the line, I felt sick to my stomach.  What if someone ate that and got ill?  I should have heeded it, because I've wondered ever since.

SINCE THEN, I have eaten canned and frozen meats that nearly made me throw up!  Something was not right!

But, complain?  No way.  I honestly felt like it was my JUST DESSERTS.

So, you see, this is just one - of many - times I was chastised by God.

Take care what you do, for you always reap more than you sowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi