Friday, April 20, 2012

If You Don't Believe In Pork, Keep It To Yourself Before God

Rom. 14:19     Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20     For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21     It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22     Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23     And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. 


I know that pork isn't "good for" me.  I don't eat it very often.  But, I've had people rip me up about it in my life (one time was in 1995), and I can't help that I remember it.  I'm not mad at them at all.  

But, clearly, we all stand in judgment for ourselves. So, it's more important not to cause strive than it is to set someone straight about being pure as you count pure.

To the thankful, God-fearing person, all things are clean. (Titus 1:15)


The matters of the heart are of utmost importance, and the things that go OUT of the mouth are more important than the things going INTO it.


Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi