Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fear Of Death And Dying

THIS BLOG IS NOT ABOUT MAKING A LEGACY FOR ONESELF OR A GOOD START FOR YOUR KIDS, ETC.  It's simply about the organically physical concept of death.

My Mom took me to my very first funeral when I was about 9.  It was a woman in her 40's who had died of breast cancer, I believe her name was Beverly Amos.

It was open-casket, and my Mom didn't make me go up to her body, but I did because I was curious.  I was in disbelief at first, that this hard body, covered in cold, soft "real" skin, could be real. Her hair was real, her skin was real, she had to be real.  I thought to myself, "Why would they put on this whole shodde if she was not real? Her clothes are real, and this fancy box is real.  How could this happen?  I know people die, I've heard of people dying... but now it's hit home.  This had been our neighbor!"

That started me on a long, long journey of thinking about my own mortality...and the mortality of others.  I had trouble my whole teenage years, going back and forth as to what death, salvation, church, etc. was all about.  I had a hard time!

"For the born-again believer, death is not the end." I would hear all the time, but very few people had anything they could tell me about the afterlife, other than theories and Bible verses only.  If I was going to live forever, I wanted to know how to avoid Hell, if nothing else!

However, physically, once you're dead, you're dead....  You're not thinking about "Wow!  Am I Cold!"  "Wow, I can't believe they buried me!"  (Although some have woke up in coffins! - But they weren't really DEAD.)

As I've said before, when I've gone under for surgeries, I have never yet died.  However, I think that would be a great way to go!  I don't like the idea of gasping for air, fear, pain, and all that!  I've been terribly ill before, and been so cold!   No, I don't think anyone would like being ill or suffering!

But, we have hope!  For one thing, we don't know if we will suffer.  Some people don't!  Some people suffer more from worrying about things that haven't happened, and the unknown, than they suffer from the actual thing happening.

For instance, have you ever been watching sports on t.v., or some accident somewhere?  The people involved are not seeing it and feeling it the way you are!

When I was about 13, I got on a motor-powered go-kart in the front yard.   I was told it didn't have very good brakes, and here's the gas pedal.  Well, I was so ignorant, when I got on it, it immediately took off, and I went blazing!  I was totally freaked out, and I kept pumping the gas by accident.  I must have been going 35 mph easy!

I knew that it was either hit the cars in the road, or the giant pine tree.  I hit.  The minute I hit, there was no pain at all!  But, I looked down, and the kart was totalled, the tree was barked inwards about 7", and my left hand was dangling from my arm.  It was not until several yards of running to get into the house that the pain started!

We can be sure that from all the stories people give about major car accidents, that the point of impact is not usually immediately painful, (if it's severe enough).

Think about that.

If someone was in a head-on collision that took their life, they probably didn't feel a thing, other than the fear of seeing it about to happen, the squinting of the eyes, and a jolt forward.  No pain.

Hopefully they were saved, but that's another story altogether.

I've been told that drowning is a very painful way to go.  I don't really want to do that!

LOL!

So, anyway, we know that one day...sooner or later... we're going to CROAK!

Before you kick the bucket, I certainly hope that you have made sure you are saved.

You can speak to me anytime, or you can go online to I DONT KNOW IF I AM SAVED

CLICK THE LANGUAGE YOU SPEAK THE BEST

And go to LIVE CHAT< LETS CHAT

They will help you RIGHT AWAY!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi