Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peeled Prayers

Sometimes, when I want to really be serious about my prayers (which I know, should be always!), I say, "Father My God, please forgive my sins and hear my prayers.  Have mercy on me, Lord, and hear my prayer."

I acknowledge that He is my Father, and my God, and I acknowledge that I have sinned, and that my sins could keep Him from hearing me.

I even will repeat this as many times (or something similar) until I feel that my heart has had it's layers peeled back, and I'm ready to speak with God on a spiritual level.

There is no magic in repeating yourself, except that it kind of wakes you up to do business with God.

Not everyone is as hard-hearted and carnal as I am.  LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my page! Pleasleave a comment!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Cheryl Riddle

hi